Welcome To Dr. Kantardzic's Website
Dr. Mehmed M. Kantardzic
J. B. Speed School of Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
Mehmed Kantardzic received B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees
in computer science from University of Sarajevo, Bosnia. Currently, he is a
Professor at the Computer Engineering and Computer Science Department, Speed
School of Engineering, University of Louisville. He is also Director of Data
Mining Lab. His research interests are: data mining & knowledge discovery,
soft computing, web services based infrastructure for distributed data mining,
text mining & link analysis, sequence mining based HCI in virtual reality
systems, stream mining, and distributed intelligent systems. His recent
research projects are supported by NSF, KSEF and NASA. Dr. Kantardzic published
in refereed journals and conference proceedings more than 150 articles. His
book on data mining, published by IEEE and John Wiley in 2003, is accepted
as a textbook at universities all over the world. His new book on data mining
applications is published in February 2005 by the same publishers. Dr. Kantardzic
is a member of IEEE, ISCA, SPIA, and he was Program Chair for ISCA ’99
Conference in Denver, CO, and General Chair for ISCA-2001 Conference in Arlington,
VA, and ICMLA-2004 Conference in Louisville, KY.
Read More >>>
Recent and/or Significant Pubilcations
- M. Kantardzic, "Data Mining: Concepts, Models, Methods, and Algorithms", the textbook, IEEE Press & John Wiley, (First edition, November 2002; Second Edition, August 2011)
- M. Kantardzic, J. Zurada, New Generation
of Data Mining Applications, IEEE Press and John Wiley, February
- A. S. Elmaghraby, A. Kumar, M. Kantardzic, M. G. Mostafa, Bandwidth Allocation in a Dynamic Environment Using a Variable Pricing Policy, Electronic Commerce Research, Vol. 5, 2005, pp. 203-227.
- S. Rashad, M. Kantardzic, and A. Kumar, A Data Mining Approach for Call Admission Control and Resource Reservation in Wireless Mobile Networks, In P. Perner (Ed.), Advances in Data Mining - Applications in Image Mining, Medicine and Biotechnology, Management and Environmental Control, and Telecommunications, LNCS: LNAI Vol. 3275, Springer Verlag, November 2004, pp. 134-143.
- M. Kantardzic, “ Data Mining: Concepts,
Models, Methods, and Algorithms ”, IEEE Press & John
Wiley, November 2002.
- Kantardzic M., Djulbegovic B., Hamdan H., “A
Data Mining Approach to Improving Polycythemia Vera Diagnostics”,
Computers and Industrial Engineering, Volume 43, Issue 4, September
2002, pg. 765-777.
- R. King, M. Quali, A. Strong, A. Aly, A. Elmaghraby,
M. Kantardzic, D. Page, “Is it better to combine predictions?”, Protein
Engineering , Vol. 13, No. 1, 2000, pp. 15-19.
- Kantardzic M., A. A. Aly, A. S. Elmaghraby, “Visualization of Neural Network Gaps Based on Error Analysis”, IEEE Transaction on Neural Networks, Vol. 10, No. 2, March 1999, pp. 419-426.
Read More >>>
- 2010-2011 Faculty Favorite: An Outstanding Professor Nominated by students, September 2011.
- The Outstanding Paper Award for the paper: "Time and Space Contextual Information Improves Click Quality Estimation" at the International Conference e-Commerce 2009, Algarve, Portugal, June 2009.
- Distinguish Service Award for 2008, April 2008.
- The Best Paper Award for the paper: "Indicators of Network-wide Traffic Dynamics: Random Matrix Theory Approach" presented at the 2007 International Conference on Computer Applications in Industry and Engineering, San Francisco, CA, November 2007.
- 2005-2007 Student-Nominated Faculty Favorites
- Best Paper Award: "Efficiently Maintaining the Performance of an Ensemble Classifier in Streaming Data," at the International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology - ICHIT 2012, Daejeon, Korea, August 23, 2012.
- Faculty Favorite: Outstanding Professor nominated by University of Louisville students, September 2011.
- Outstanding Paper Award: "Time and Space Contextual Information Improves Click Quality Estimation" at the International Conference e-Commerce 2009, Algarve, Portugal, June 2009.
- Distinguished Service Award, April 2008.
- Faculty Favorite: Outstanding Professor nominated by University of Louisville students, 2005 and 2007.
- Best Paper Award: "indicators of Network-wide Traffic Dynamics: Random Matrix Theory Approach" presented at the 2007 International Conference on Computer Applications in Industry and Engineering, San Francisco, CA, November 2007.
- Best Paper Honorable Mention Award: “Link
Analysis Tools for Intelligence and Counterterrorism” at the
2005 International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics,
Atlanta, GA, May 2005.
- Best Paper Award: “Efficient Implementation
of Strong Negative Associations Rules” at the 2003 International
Conference on Machine Learning and Applications, Los Angeles, CA,
- Distinguish Teaching Award Nominee in 2004.
- Recognized in the Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers,
2002 and 2005.
Read More >>>
Copyright ©2005 Louisville.edu